Jon Ching (American, b. 1985) The Dawn of Makahiki, 2019 Jon Ching paints photorealistic fantasies, transforming the stunning colors and patterns found in nature in unexpected ways. In tribute to the Hawaiian festival celebrating Lono, god of agriculture, The Dawn of Makahiki depicts Lono as a pueo, a subspecies of the short—eared owl, found only in Hawaii. The pueo is also a regular manifestation of an ‘aumakua, a Hawaiian family guardian. With this 1000—piece puzzle, linger on the subtleties and hidden delights of Ching’s work.
- Gather with family and friends for puzzle—piecing together!
- Our luxury puzzles are crafted with attention to every detail.
- High—quality 250—GSM matte artpaper for superior color, crisp details, and no glare.
- Ribbon—cut thick board for snug fit and minimal dust.
- Produced using thick recycled paper board.
- Exclusive selection of art from museums and artists around the world.
- Box size: 10" x 13" x 1.875"
- Puzzle size: 20" x 25"